UNM Cybersecurity Summer Boot Camp
UNM GenCyber: Desert Cyber Sentinels Camp
UNM will host a 2016 cybersecurity summer camp for high school students.
For students driving themselves, click here for parking pass information or visit UNM Parking and Transportation Services (PATS).
2401 Redondo Dr. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Phone: (505) 277-1938
Fax: (505) 277-1709
Campus Map and Schedule
- Introductory Cybersecurity Camp The introductory camp is intended for students just learning about cybersecurity and computer systems.
Slots available: 40 students
Location: Various computer labs at UNM's main campus.
Dates: July 11-15 and July 18-22 from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Lunch: Lunch will be provided.
Click here to apply for the Introductory Cybersecurity Camp.
- Advanced Cybersecurity Camp CANCELED The advanced camp is intended for students that have attended a previous camp or those with programming or computer experience.
CANCELED:Various computer labs at UNM's main campus.
CANCELED:July 11-15 from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
CANCELED:Lunch will be provided.
Click here to apply for the Advanced Cybersecurity Camp.
Camp activities will be held in UNM computer labs with extensive hands-on activities. Activities will be supervised by UNM faculty and students. Camp topics will include:
- Information security principles and assessments
- Digital forensics
- Visit to the FBI Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory
- Security concepts with Linux
- Attack and defense tools and scenarios
- Academic and career pathways in cybersecurity and information assurance
Local (Albuquerque area) participants must provide their own transportation to and from the camp. Pending final funding approval from the National Science Foundation, UNM expects to fund up to 15 students from locations outside of Albuquerque. Funding will include mileage and hotel costs. Out-of-town students must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or teacher while in Albuquerque who must supervise the student during non-camp hours. Teachers and student groups may attend the camp together.
For more information, contact Dr. Steve Burd by email: firstname.lastname@example.org